After seeing the history and evolution of digital analytics, we come to Google Analytics, which is undoubtedly a tool that you need to learn to use if you are a marketing specialist, an entrepreneur, the owner of a small, medium or large company that is if you are interested in the digital presence of your brand.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is an analytics tool that is part of a range of tools provided by Google (such as Google Search Console and Google Tag Manager). Analytics is hosted in the cloud and allows us to measure website performance. This concept is based on a tracking code that assigns users a unique identifier that allows it to be maintained regardless of the devices or browsers they use.
The tool allows you to create accurate reports on;
- the audience
- the time spent by the audience
- where they come from
- the main pages consulted
- the traffic channel
- the source of the traffic
- the referrer URLs
- active users in real-time
- the times and days when users access the site
- user interests
- devices through which they enter, etc.
There is a lot of information provided by Google Analytics that allows us to measure the performance of our website at the same time that we make changes to it to have the greater reach or reach a market segment more in line with our niche market.
Why use Google Analytics?
Everything boils down to metrics in the digital world that we must collect, filter, sort and analyse, and that is exactly what Google Analytics allows us to do. Moreover, its free interface provides an extremely user-friendly environment (even if you don’t understand anything about programming). There are many reasons to use the tool, but the main ones are:
- It facilitates decision making based on reliable data.
- To have a successful business, it is important that you understand your audience, and you can get information about it through Google Analytics.
- Through its metrics, you can observe the actions that have a better or worse audience.
- The volume of data provided by the tool makes it an indispensable digital marketing tool.
The processing that Google Analytics does of the data it obtains is brilliant, which allows it to generate compelling reports. You can observe the most relevant information about the website and the people who visit it.